MWS is seeking a new Music Director.
The Committee is inviting expressions of interest an applications from prospective candidates who believe they are the right person to take up the baton and ensure MWS
continues to develop its unique position, to pursue excellence, and to perform
the innovative repertoire beloved of its musicians and audiences.
candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- strong leadership skills, tenacity, and dependability
- a mastery of technical musical skills and knowledge required to
lead and conduct an award-wining wind ensemble
- a strong strategist and visionary able to continue the
development of an already hugely successful, award winning ensemble widely
renowned for excellence
- a deep understanding and experience of current musical trends
and innovative wind ensemble repertoire
- artistic vision and creative direction, including well-developed
judgment, imagination, and instincts for musical interpretation
- a commitment to crafting and delivering high-quality
performances with a sense of occasion
- a willingness to connect and collaborate with professional musicians for performances, recordings and educational opportunities
- an ability to translate musical passion into well-coordinated, collaboratively designed programmes that appeal to MWS musicians and audiences alike whilst expanding the musical palate
- a commitment to promoting and supporting youth music and development, especially for the young musicians within the ensemble
- a charismatic “podium presence” and sense of humour
candidates should apply in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of Saturday 19 October 2019. Please include a covering letter and CV with your application/expression of interest. Interviews and auditions with shortlisted candidates will take place during November/December 2019.
look forward to hearing from you.Author: Kathryn Lakeland